Monday, May 5, 2008

One sheep, Two sheep, Red sheep ...oh wait?! Wrong one.

As they say, “this too shall pass”. Who ever "they" are.....And it did…..the inability to keep my eyes open or my head off the pillow last week has been replaced with a cruel curse of insomnia. It is nearly 1:00am and I am wide awake. I could list all the “things” that have been keeping me hopping lately, but the funny thing is that I don’t really feel all that stressed out. I guess I must be pushing them way down and alas, I can’t sleep now. Now the question is chamomile tea or a glass of wine? What do you do when you can’t sleep??

I guess I could:

Count sheep (how does one actually do this?).
Deep breathe (wouldn’t I be doing this if I were actually asleep?).
Sniff lavender (oh, wait, forgot to plant lavender garden in preparation for insomnia)
Have sex (too much work and that would require waking snoring husband – or not?).
Read (not in the mood).

We bought a new house. There, I said it out loud. We only just told the kids yesterday – hope they can keep it quiet for a bit. We still have to sell our current home and we have quite a bit of cosmetic surgery to perform. It really is not a great time to be searching for a bigger mortgage and gone seem to be the days of buying a house contingent on selling yours (at least, not in my part of the country). We got into a bidding war and we still can’t believe we got the house! We close at the end of July – and the best part is it is just up the street! We get to stay in our neighborhood and stay in our school! But, I really don't think this is the reason I can't sleep.

Well, my tea is gone and I am going to see if I can finally get some zzzzzzz….. boy, I’d be asleep if I had to read this post – it’s boring……

4 comments:

Hawaiianatheart said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How nice that you are still in the same neighborhood with all the familiarities! I think the market is just so bad right now that buying based on the contingency of selling is just a write off to many. : ( I'm at least happy that we have found renters for ours. I'll be happier when it actually begins!!!

As for the insomnia... I think it was in the air last night. I was up until almost 4 AM myself. Unlike me; lately anyway. I would have chose the wine myself! LOL Sending sleep vibes your way!

Catherine said...

Hi Susan, so glad you stopped by and LOL that we were both up! If only I had known....kind of like our old IM days! Congrats on your house also - it is beautiful. I only just caught up on all the news. I keep thinking that we can always rent - right? Glad it is working out for you. xoxxo

huddtoo said...

Sorry about the insomnia!

But, WOW! You bought a house!! How fun. Good luck with everything. My big worry is trying to sell our current house. We could always rent it out.

Hope you get some zzz's soon. My trick?? Watch tv or read. It puts me right to sleep.

Jennifer said...

WHAT?!!!

Wow! I can't wait to hear all about it. In the same neighborhood and all. Yay, yay, yay!

Girl, we need to catch up!