Friday, July 18, 2008

Double Trouble?






I haven’t been here in ages. We are in the midst of moving into a new home which required selling current home, keeping said current home “spotless”(yeah, right with three kids) while it was on the market and leaving said home to hide out around town every time the freakin’ phone rang to show the house! Now, don’t get me wrong. I am truly grateful. We had over 50 showings in 2 weeks and multiple offers and a deal at the end of the 2 week period. This wouldn’t be so amazing except we put our house on the market just as the market was turning for its rapid decline! But, all of this while I had to suddenly travel out of town for work for several weeks and juggle all the end of school year activities and camp forms for summer. By the way, my kids did not get out of school till the end of June (that’s the Northeast for ya). We move at the end of the month.

So, my girl won’t sleep in her bed! She has been in my bed every night for the last two weeks. I sort of like it. Ok, I actually really like it. Daddy, not so much. As I tried to play it tough last night and marched her back into her room for the forth time, she said, “it’s not fair, I want a twin too”. You know, she has a point. Her twin brothers have someone to sleep with. They have someone to start school with and go to camp with. They can stick together or separate – but the choice is there for them to make and it’s always been there for them. She has to go it alone. Well, just like all the rest of us do in life. But, it was the first time she seemed to notice. She wants a “twin”. You know what? I want a twin too. Well, just to share clothes – and chores! Guess what though? Neither one of us is getting a twin!






5 comments:

huddtoo said...

Awww....J is so cute with her "I want a twin" comment. I want one too, but she MUST love doing dishes, and moping floors, and cleaning the tub. LOL

You know tho, I've never really thought of the twin life the way she has. They have that special bond, that no one else gets to have.

Great to see you! LOVE the pics. She is getting SO big!! Gosh! And the boys are handsome as usual!

amers said...

i love that you're back! i've missed you!

i love j and her comments. and your boys still steal my heart!

welcome back, friend!

Catherine said...

Thanks H and A - it's good to be back. I've missed you too and have lots to catch up on. xoxo

Hawaiianatheart said...

Congratulations on the new house!!! I almost wish ours was going as fast but I'm sure that would have driven me crazy too. I don't know how you handle all you have on your plate!

Victoria said...

Missed you. Love to "catch up" with you tonight. Your children are stunning - just beautiful. Hope the move and transition are going well. Let's catch up more, k?